A workshop by Jackie Nieuwenhuizen for parents, teachers and librarians wanting to know more about how to make sure everyone learns to read. A practical, evidence based session about how we learn to read; why so many are struggling and what can be done to help learners of all ages.
7PM - 8.30PM 19TH MARCH
The workshop will explore:
- How the brain learns to read and what this means for how we teach reading.
- Why some people learn to read easily and others struggle.
- How you can help as a parent, teacher, librarian, volunteer, friend.
- What is dyslexia and what do we do about it.
- Is it too late for a teenager or adult to learn to read or spell or is a child too young to learn to read.
- Where to go for help that is actually helpful and what questions to ask.
- What resources are available and how to know if they are useful.
Jackie Nieuwenhuizen is a teacher & literacy specialist on a mission to make sure that nobody misses out on learning this crucial skill.